Full Stack Software Engineer
Location: Toronto | Apply now
We are growing and looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our talented team.
As part of our development team you will:
- Build scalable APIs or existing and under development products
- Work with designers to build front-end systems for TinEye's image recognition services
- Develop server-side tools and client-side interfaces and libraries
- Architect and deploy new infrastructures to support our image recognition products and services
- Distribute processing with automatic fail-over
- Migrate from prototypes to robust production systems
You are easy to work with, enthusiastic and write excellent code - code that is clean, well structured and commented. You are excited by working on large scale products that require attention to details and exceptional performance.
We are infectiously obsessed with image search. We value ingenuity, hard work and problem solving over pedigree. We expect every single member of our team to ship and solve challenging technical problems daily - well, perhaps not daily, but very often.
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases (MySQL, Postgres, Redis experience a plus)
- Ability to write clean, well-structured, commented code and documentation
- Experience with Version source control (Mercurial, GitHub or other)
- Experience deploying scalable software
- Ability to wear many hats
- A track record of getting things done
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical people
What you can expect working at TinEye
- You will be solving interesting and difficult technical challenges. Every day. OK, maybe not every day.
- You will be able to see your code deployed in production environments and powering some of our largest enterprise client implementations
- You will work within a small development team along side the scrappy co-founders
- Your voice will be heard and you will be able to provide input in everything we undertake. We believe great ideas can come from our entire team.
- And did we mention a fully stocked kitchen, daily breakfast, downtown location, free parking, ping pong table, a garden, a beer fridge and awesome downtown offices? And a maker space – should you, like us be interested in tinkering with hardware.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and past projects to and include "Full stack Software Engineer" in the subject line. Links to past projects or personal projects are very welcome.
We do not use placement agencies for any of our openings.