TinEye is a reverse image search engine.
TinEye is a reverse image search engine. It finds out where an image came from, how it is being used, if modified versions of the image exist, or if there is a higher resolution version.
TinEye is a reverse image search engine. You can submit an image to TinEye to find out where it came from, how it is being used, if modified versions of the image exist, or to find higher resolution versions.
TinEye is the first image search engine on the web to use image identification technology rather than keywords, metadata or watermarks. It is free to use for non-commercial searching.
TinEye regularly crawls the web for new images, and we also accept contributions of complete online image collections. To date, TinEye has indexed 4,664,087,024 images from the web to help you find what you're looking for. For more information, please see our FAQ, and for some actual TinEye search examples, check out our Cool Searches page.
TinEye is brought to you by the good folks at Idée Inc., an advanced image recognition and search software company. In addition to TinEye - the world's first reverse image search engine - Idée develops several other image recognition based products and services used by the world's leading imaging firms:
- PixID – Editorial image monitoring for the news and entertainment photo industry. Clients include Associated Press, Agence France Press, Splash News
- MulticolorEngine – Remarkable color search and analysis for your photographs and product images.
- MatchEngine – Automated image matching and deduplication service. Clients include eBay, Kayak, Getty Images, Digg, iStockphoto, SmileTrain, Photoshelter.
- MobileEngine – Mobile image recognition and identification. An automated high-sensitivity image matching solution for mobile platforms.
- TinEye API – commercial TinEye searching using image identification.
Idée is an independent, privately held company headquartered in Toronto, Canada and we are hiring.
Our goal with TinEye is to connect images and information and to make sure that images can be attributed to their creator. If you are managing a large image collection, get in touch to have your image collection added to TinEye. This makes it easier for the original image authors to be found, and for image seekers to get the information they're looking for. Contributors can submit a range of content from stock and editorial photographs to product images to illustrations and more. Learn more about how you can have TinEye index your image collection.
At TinEye, we want to help connect images to their creator. If you are interested in contributing your images to the TinEye index, create an imagemap and submit it to us. Once we index your images, TinEye users will be able to find the images on your website. Learn more about how to create and submit your TinEye imagemap.