Location: Toronto | Apply now
TinEye is looking for a product manager. As a product manager you will be joining a seasoned software team in Toronto working on shockingly good image search products and services.
We have built the world's first reverse image search for the web. With an index of over 5 billion images and millions of users, our small talented team has a history of tackling big search problems. We have also built a robust and scalable image search and recognition platform that powers our client's enterprise applications. From sophisticated image recognition algorithms to redundant distributed back-end systems, we build it all and run it on our own highly-optimized hardware.
We are infectiously obsessed with image search. We value ingenuity, hard work and problem solving over pedigree. We work on a number of search products for enterprise and corporate clients as well as consumer products. As a product manager you will have an opportunity to directly impact our search products and how our customers use them.
You will drive the specification, build and release of our next generation image recognition products. You will be responsible of defining the product road map, writing specifications, prioritizing features and managing the product development schedule. In short, you will ship awesome image recognition products while being customer OBSESSED every step of the way.
- have successfully released/shipped a web based product
- have experience evaluating markets and defining product requirements
- favour data for your decision rather than an eight ball
- have strong analytical and quantitative skills
- favour simplicity and are able to present complex information clearly and concisely - as opposed to this job posting
- have exceptional writing skills
- are experienced at managing multiple priorities
- have knowledge of UX best practices and web analytics tools
- are technically fluent and are comfortable discussing product technical details with developers
- are customer focused and want to create user friendly sites and features
- sweat the details
- work hard and believe in our mission: creating shockingly good image search products for our clients and users
- are not VC funded; our revenues are generated the old fashioned way - by our customers
- are obsessed with image search
- focus on our clients. They are at the center of our search universe
- continuously strive to build elegant search solutions for our clients
- are not afraid of large scale, complex search problems
- are just getting started.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and past projects to and include "Product Manager" in the subject line. Extra effort and personal touches are encouraged. Tell us why you think you would love working at TinEye. Please include links to products you have shipped.
We do not use placement agencies for any of our openings.