Location: Toronto | Apply now
TinEye is looking for a product designer. As a product designer you will be joining a seasoned software team in Toronto working on shockingly good image search products and services.
As a team, we have built the world's first reverse image search for the web. With an index of over 4 billion images and millions of users, our small talented team has a history of tackling big search problems. We have also built a robust and scalable image search and recognition platform that powers our client's enterprise applications. From sophisticated image recognition algorithms to redundant distributed back-end systems, we build it all and run it on our own highly-optimized hardware.
As a product designer we would be looking at you to shape the products and services used by our clients, to delight our users and have a positive impact on our company's culture.
We are infectiously obsessed with image search. We value ingenuity, hard work and problem solving over pedigree. We work on a number of search products for enterprise and corporate clients as well as consumer products. As a product designer, you will be joining a small, smart and dedicated team. You will have an opportunity to directly impact our search products and how our customers use them.
- believe that design needs to be at the core of software development processes
- understand how to foster a design culture
- are energized by the idea of working on many ambitions search products
- are comfortable working with a small team in a demanding environment
- are not scared by having lots to deliver and aggressive deadlines to work with
- you have ideally shipped a web product and can point us to it
- have excellent interaction design skills
- are an excellent communicator and can write exceptional copy, because copy is design
- are not scared of complex technical information and are used to making sense of it
- are curious
- can learn what you don't know
- sweat the details
- work hard and believe in our mission: creating shockingly good image search products for our clients and users
- are not VC funded; our revenues are generated the old fashioned way - by our customers
- are obsessed with image search
- focus on our clients. They are at the center of our search universe
- continuously strive to build elegant search solutions for our clients
- are not afraid of large scale, complex search problems
- are just getting started.
We are looking for the best person for this role and a culture fit is pretty important to us as we are a small team. This is a Toronto based position and at this stage we can not consider remote work, nor consulting or contracting.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and past projects to and include "Product Designer" in the subject line. Extra effort and personal touches are encouraged. Tell us why you think you would love working at TinEye. Please include links to products you have shipped.
We do not use placement agencies for any of our openings.