Full Stack Software Engineer
Location: Toronto | Apply now
TinEye is looking for a developer who writes great code – code that is clean, well structured and commented. Someone who is fun to work with and is interested in joining a small development team in Toronto to build shockingly good image search products.
The TinEye team has built the world's first reverse image search for the web. With an index of over 4 billion images and millions of users, our small talented team has a history of tackling big search problems. We have also built a robust and scalable image search and recognition platform that powers our client's enterprise applications. From sophisticated image recognition algorithms to redundant distributed back-end systems, we build it all and run it on our own highly-optimized hardware.
If these sound like the types of challenges you are passionate about, we would like to hear from you.
We are infectiously obsessed with image search. We value ingenuity, hard work and problem solving over pedigree.
- Building scalable APIs for existing and under development technologies (our new stuff is ultra-cool!)
- Working with designers to build front-end systems for TinEye's image recognition services
- Developing server-side tools and client-side interfaces and libraries
- Distributing processing with automatic fail-over
- Migrating from prototypes to robust production systems
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases (MySQL, Postgres, Redis experience a plus)
- Ability to write clean, well-structured, commented code and documentation
- Experience with Version source control (Mercurial, GitHub or other)
- Experience deploying scalable software
- Ability to wear many hats
- A track record of getting things done
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical people
What you can expect working at TinEye
- You will be solving interesting and difficult technical challenges. Every day. OK, maybe not every day.
- You will be able to see your code deployed in production environment and powering some of our largest enterprise client implementations.
- You will work within a small development team along side the scrappy co-founders.
- Your voice will be heard and you will be able to provide input in everything we undertake.
- And did we mention a fully stocked kitchen, daily breakfast, downtown location, free parking, ping pong table, a garden, a beer fridge and awesome offices? And a maker space – should you, like us be interested in tinkering with hardware.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and past projects to and include "Full stack Software Engineer" in the subject line.
We do not use placement agencies for any of our openings.