TinEye for Android BETA
Welcome TinEye Fan!
Our TinEye android beta sends your search picture to TinEye for searching. The search is done against the same database of web images as TinEye uses.
- Take the photo in portrait mode
- Avoid rotation of the image
- Fill your screen with the object you are photographing
TINEYE Y U NO WORK?
TinEye for Android only works with Android v2.1 and later. It does not work with some phones running Android v4.1 or v4.2. Use at your own risk. But we appreciate your feedback at email@example.com.
It has been tested on:
- an HTC Nexus One running Android v2.3.3, v2.3.4 and v2.3.6
- an HTC Evo running Android v2.1-update1, v2.2 and v2.3.3
- a Motorola Defy running Android v2.2.1
- a Samsung Galaxy S running Android v2.3.3
Important: Do NOT install on a Samsung Galaxy S with Android v2.3.2 or less - it crashes and freezes the phone, requiring the battery to be removed to restart the phone. We are still working to resolve this serious problem.
TinEye Version 1.2 Update
Version 1.2 includes a bug fix for the Samsung Galaxy S running Android v2.3.3 where the camera would display a blank screen after taking a single photo.
TinEye Version 1.1 Update
Version 1.1 includes a bug fix where the photo was uploaded to TinEye in landscape mode instead of in portrait mode on some phones.
- On your phone go to Settings > Applications
- Enable "Unknown Sources" This is required because during the beta, the app is not being installed from the Android Market Place.
- Click on the Install TinEye for Android! link below.
- Go to the browser downloads, either from the Android pull down menu or by going to the phone browser menu > more > downloads, and click on TinEye.apk to install the app
- After the app is installed, be sure to disable Unknown Sources.